Wednesday, June 23, 2004

 
Good morning… today is the 20th. of June… 2004
Baghdad is quiet and the weather outside is nice…
Thank God we didn't hear any explosions today…
How nice the quiet, peaceful life is…without fears, without worries…
*******
No body understands the trend of the terrorist organizations which appeared these days…
No Arab or Muslim approves of them…
They are merely criminal organizations, whose profession is killing, blood shedding, and devastating… which is the further away from our morals and culture…
We are peaceful nations, our past and present is merciful and composed…
We do not like using force unless in self and country defense, and these are humanitarian traits…
As for these terrorist organizations, they are set to destroy people during their quiet daily lives…when they go to their jobs, or their children go to school…
I do not know what evil mind has come up with that…I wish (he) would be damned in earth and heaven…
*********
In the morning, while I was going to my work, I was driving quietly in a narrow street, when I was surprised by a car jamming me from the left. I thought it was a pick-up… I wanted to open the window and shout at him: hay, you fool…look out!
But I was surprised to discover it was an American military car, followed by a convoy…then the truck was ahead of me, the soldier who was in charge on top of it had his face towards me…so he waved to me, in his angry, stupid way to stop to the right, so they would pass….
I took a path to the right, and I stopped…
He could have waited until I passed, then they would continue, but he preferred this brutish behavior because he couldn't find anyone to oppose him, or criticize him.
I kept thinking to my self, … if I would have got out of my car, angry, and argued with him … of course he wouldn't have listened, or respected me…. Perhaps he would have shot me!!...
But for the first time in my life I wished I had an American nationality…
That I would have gone out, and talked to him, then threw my American passport in his face, so he would understand that I was angry, … that he is harming all the American people by these foolish, rude behaviors…
And I remembered the people who told me the story of an Iraqi man, who was killed two days ago, while driving at Al-Saidiia, as he was surprised by the convoy, and found himself suddenly, accidentally among them, so they shot him. He died instantly. The traffic stopped, all the Iraqis were silent, and the convoy went triumphantly on its way…
Then I would get letters from some Americans, asking me why I do not like America???
And my answer would be: this is the ugly face of America, which I do not like…


And I remembered Joe, the soldier whose letter I put on the site a few months ago, as he said that there are some American soldiers who were bad, calling them War Dogs…
Yes… these were the ugly face that makes us refuse, daily, the presence of occupation forces upon our land …
And these are the reason we sympathize with the Iraqi resistance that fire R.B.J. missiles in front of our eyes, on an American convoy, then the Iraqi would withdraw, and disappear, while the people smile…
The foolish, aggressive conducts of the occupation soldiers alone escalates the violence against them…and this is a normal reaction… so, no one should blame…
**********
As much as the stupid behaviors that hurt the Iraqi's feelings accumulate, as much as it would be the strong reason of an approaching revolution, like the 1920's Revolution against the British occupation…
For the ache has gathered in the Iraqi's hearts against the British occupation, and its foolish behaviors, devoid of respect, to the feelings of the country's population.
Normally, you see the people are silent, but that is the first stage, then the stage of explosion would come, and no one will be able to muffle that explosion, nor put an end to it…
This is the way things normally move on in life…and the smart man should comprehend, and be ware, the foolish would continue in his ignorance, and foolishness, then pay the high price…
********
Some people have ancient history…thousands of years before Christ…. The Iraqi people are one of these. A long history in culture, education, knowledge, civilization,…and wars.
The Sumerian, Babylonian, and Assyrian civilizations… and early writings on clay boards, and drawings of a theory very much like Pythagoras, the Hamurabi emery and his amazing, fair laws, some says: An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. The Gilgamesh epic, his long quest for immortality, having the deep philosophy and intelligence of the pre- history man…perhaps the same intelligence and worries lived by the 21st. century man, perhaps even more clearly, having not yet being polluted by the media and the technology of materialistics.
And I remembered yesterday one of the "deeds" of the British occupation of Iraq, the excavations for ancient Iraqi antiquities, and then these antiquities were confiscated, and put in European museums, till this day.
The question is: who gave them the right? Isn't this our history, our heritage??? Why would they steel it, and show it at their museums, as if it belongs to them? And who would give it back to us???
**************
And I remember the words of my Iraqi professor, whom I met one day by chance in Amman, … he was a university professor, at the end of his fifties, his wife was British, so was his nationality… he taught me Pluming engineering at the university of Baghdad. I was so happy when I met him after all the years of my graduation. We discussed many things…about the hardships of immigration, living outside one's country…then we talked about Iraq and the Iraqis, and he told me a sentence I haven't forgotten, he said: (It's a matter of Genes. Every nation carries the genes of their ancestors, the Iraqis carry in their blood a deep, old civilization, … do not consider this a trifle matter…it is very effective on the personality of people.).
I always remember him. Whenever the matters got worst on Iraq and the Iraqis, I remember their old history, their strength and patience, then feel optimistic that they are a nation that wouldn't be defeated, nor surrender to those who want to wipe-out their identity…
********
whenever I see young Iraqi men, the same ages as my boys – Raid, Majid, and Khalid, writing essays and poems filled with national pride, their love of Iraq, its unity and independence, as if they were grown men, I smile, and my heart dances in joy. I remember the words of my professor … Do not fear for Iraqis and their generations; they carry the old, strong genes…genes filled with love, passion for Iraq, its land, its welfare, and dignity…
Then I remember the poem by Al-Sayaab, the famous Iraqi poet, while he was away from Iraq:
The wind squalls at me: Iraq…
And the waves wail to me: Iraq… Iraq, none but Iraq!
The sea as vast as could be and you as far as could be…
The sea before you...Iraq…
……
……
I wonder how a traitor can...betray!
Would a man betray his land?
If he betrays the meaning to be, how can he be?
The sun in my country is more beautiful than all else, the darkness...
Even the darkness there is more beautiful, for it embraces Iraq…
********
All the love, all the beautiful wishes … to the land of Iraq, Tigris and the Euphrates, the mountains, plains, and valleys of Iraq…
To the tall, proud palms…who remind me of my mother's matronly face…
I don't know why, but they always seem smiling to me, in spite of ordeals, as a patient Iraqi mother.
May God keep all safe and cool, upon Iraq and the Iraqis…
May God keep all safe and cool, upon Iraq and the Iraqis…
May God keep all safe and cool, upon Iraq and the Iraqis…
*********







<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Extreme Tracker
Links
archives